Thai Spinach Dip
- Yield: servings
- 1cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 (8-ounce) carton light sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) carton plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4cup snipped fresh mint
- 1/4cup finely chopped peanuts
- 1/4cup peanut butter
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 to 2teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Chopped peanuts (optional)
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 10cups assorted raw vegetable dippers (such as baby carrots, zucchini slices, pea pods, yellow summer squash
- sticks, and/or red sweet pepper strips)
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, sour cream, and yogurt.
- Stir in snipped mint, the 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- If desired, garnish with additional chopped peanuts and fresh mint leaves. Serve with vegetable dippers.
From Diabetic Living Quick and Easy Meals; Wiley 2010; reprinted with permission from the publisher.