- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- 1teaspoon sesame or sesame chili oil
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 1tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1pound medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 (8-ounce) package vermicelli
- 2tablespoons dry roasted chopped peanuts
- 1/4cup chopped green onions
- Combine broth, soy sauce, peanut butter, and sesame oil in a small pot. Blend well, Bring to boil, reduce heat, cook 5 minutes, then set aside.
- In large nonstick skillet over medium heat, sauté green pepper, garlic and ginger for 3 minutes .
- Add shrimp, cook several additional minutes. Add soy broth to shrimp and cook for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp show bright pink, cooked color.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Toss drained pasta with shrimp mixture.
- Garnish with peanuts and green onions.
Recipe by Holly Clegg
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 183
- Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 51mg
- Sodium 203mg
- Carbohydrate 9g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 23g