- Yield 4 servings
Introduce yourself to popular Thai cuisine with an easy shrimp and pasta recipe with an alluring mild sauce of garlic, ginger, peanut butter and peanuts.
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon sesame or sesame chili oil
- 1 -- green bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 -- (8-ounce) package vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons dry roasted chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- In small nonstick pot, combine broth, soy sauce, peanut butter, and sesame oil. Whisk until blended. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and cook 5 minutes; set aside.
- In large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté green pepper, garlic and ginger over medium heat 3 minutes. Add shrimp, cook several minutes. Add reserved soy broth sauce to shrimp, continue cooking until shrimp are done, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with peanuts and green onions.