Thai Pork and Mango Salad with Mango-Mint Dressing
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 2tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 4cups shredded coleslaw mixture (cabbage and carrots)
- 4cups chopped romaine
- 1cup baby bok choy (dark green leaves only)
- 2large ripe mangos, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1cup matchstick pieces red bell pepper
- 2tablespoons thin matchstick pieces peeled fresh ginger
- Mango Mint Dressing:
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and pureed
- 1medium peeled and chopped shallot
- 1 sliced green onion
- 1/4cup rice vinegar
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- To prepare the pork: Season pork lightly with salt and pepper, then rub curry paste onto the surface of the meat. Grill over medium coals for 20 to 25 minutes or until pork has an internal temperature of 160F, as measured with an instant-read thermometer. Remove from grill and let cool slightly.
- To prepare the salad: Cut pork into strips and place in a large bowl with coleslaw, romaine, bok choy, mango, red pepper and ginger. Drizzle with dressing and toss well to coat.
- To prepare the dressing: Puree mango, shallot, and green onion, rice vinegar, vegetable oil, sesame oil and salt in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add fresh mint leaves and pulse until mint is chopped.
Recipe courtesy of the National Mango Board