Thai Peanut Sauce
- Yield 1 1/2 cups
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 5 mins
This creamy, peanutty sauce is perfect with grilled chicken or pork.
Try this creamy peanut sauce with grilled chicken or pork, as a dip for cucumber slices, or tossed with a tangle of noodles. Add as much or as little crushed red pepper as you like.
- 4 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2/3 cup minced shallot
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan. Add shallot, garlic and crushed red pepper; cook over low heat until fragrant and just beginning to color, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk in peanut butter, hoisin, brown sugar and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 1 minute. Stir in lime juice.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
—Recipe by Laraine Perri