Thai Pasta Dish
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 (8-ounce) package vermicelli pasta
- 1cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2cup sliced green onions
- 1 (7-ounce) jar or can pickled or plain whole baby corn, drained
- 2tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 3large egg whites
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1cup bottled pad thai or sweet-and-sour stir-fry sauce.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain, set aside.
- In a bowl, toss together bean sprouts, green onions, corn and peanuts; set aside.
- In a saucepan coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute mushrooms over medium heat until hot, about 2 minutes.
- Beat egg whites slightly with garlic powder in a small bowl. Pour over mushrooms. Stir in bottled sauce, pasta and vegetable mixture. Continue cooking, tossing gently, until pasta is heated through and egg whites are cooked, 5 to 8 minutes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 242
- Fat 2.6g
- Saturated Fat .5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 222mg
- Carbohydrate 46.1g
- Protein 8.8g