- Yield 24 servings
A perfect rub for tofu steaks, tempeh or seitan.
This “mash” can be used to spice up hot broth a few minutes before serving for a fragrant soup.
- 5 stalks lemongrass, outer leaves removed
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 (2-inch) piece of ginger root, peeled
- 12 basil leaves
- 3 serrano peppers, seeded
- 1/2 cup peanut or canola oil
- Puree all ingredients until smooth in a food processor fitted with the metal blade or blender. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to a month. Makes 1 1/2 cups.