Thai Lettuce Wraps with Satay Pork Strips
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 11 mins
- 4-- boneless top loin pork chops, about 1-inch thick
- -- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/2cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4cup soy sauce
- 2tablespoons honey
- 2tablespoons sesame oil
- 1tablespoon fresh ginger root, minced
- 1tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3large heads butter lettuce, leaves separated
- 2medium carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch matchsticks
- 1-- English cucumber, cut into 2-inch matchsticks
- 2ounces bean thread (Asian cellophane noodles), soaked for 15 minutes in hot water, and then drained
- 16sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1/4cup corn syrup
- 3tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4cup prepared Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/4cup prepared Thai peanut sauce
Place chops in large self-sealing plastic bag; combine marinade ingredients in small bowl and pour over chops. Seal bag and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to grilling. Prepare medium-hot fire in charcoal grill or preheat gas grill to medium high. Arrange coals or burners so there is medium-low zone for finishing chops.
When ready to grill, remove chops from marinade (discarding marinade). Spray grill grate with vegetable oil spray. Grill pork directly over medium-high fire until seared, 3 minutes per side. Slide chops to cooler part of grill, cover, and continue to grill until pork registers 160F. when checked with an instant-read thermometer, about 5 minutes longer. Transfer to cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
While pork is marinating, arrange stack of large lettuce leaves attractively on large serving platter. Place carrots, cucumber, bean thread, and cilantro leaves in small dishes and arrange on serving platter.
In small serving bowl or ramekin, mix together corn syrup, minced cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Place sweet chili sauce and peanut sauce in small serving bowls or ramekins.
Cut pork into thin slices. Lay 3 medium-sized leaves of lettuce on serving platter and arrange pork on lettuce.
To assemble, let each guest place a lettuce leaf on an appetizer plate. Arrange 2 slices of pork on top of the lettuce. Mound a bit of carrot, cucumber, and bean thread over top. Add a couple cilantro leaves and drizzle one of the sauces over top. Fold over the lettuce to form a roll and enjoy!
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 230
- Glycemic Load 3
- Fat 8g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 35mg
- Sodium 1180mg
- Potassium 490mg
- Carbohydrate 25g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 13g
- Protein 14g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Vitamin A 90%
- Vitamin C 10%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 10%