Thai Lettuce Wraps with Cilantro
- Yield 6 servings
Ground beef, flavored with mint, cilantro and red pepper, is wrapped in leaves of cabbage or romaine.
- 1 pound Laura's 92% Lean Ground Beef or 96% Lean Ground Round
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 head cabbage or romaine lettuce, leaves separated
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Sauté beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 10 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- Add mint, cilantro and next 4 ingredients to beef and stir until heated.
- Spoon mixture in center of cabbage or lettuce leaves, and roll up.
- Serve with additional lime wedges, if desired.
Cooking Tip: If you decide to use cabbage leaves, blanching will make the leaves retain texture and color. To blanch, simply add cleaned leaves to boiling water. Let soak for less than 1 minute. Remove leaves and place directly in an ice water bath for 1 minute. Place on paper towels to allow for drainage and use when ready.
Recipe courtesy of Laura’s Lean Beef.