Thai Lamb Kabobs
- Yield 6 servings
This tender lamb is marinated in a tasty thai sauce and grilled.
- 1 1/2 pounds lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 to 2 large Spanish onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 -- green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 -- red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 -- garlic clove, crushed
- Thread lamb, onions, green peppers and red peppers alternately onto skewers. Place in large sealable plastic bags. Pour mixture of olive oil, coconut milk, lime juice, cilantro, red pepper, cumin, sea salt and garlic over lamb skewers; seal bags. Marinate in refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours, turning occasionally; drain. Grill lamb kabobs over medium-hot coals for 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium-rare or until done to taste. May substitute vegetable oil for olive oil.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Kansas City Barbeque Society’s Barbecue…It’s Not Just for Breakfast Anymore (the Kansas City Barbecue Society, Kansas City, Missouri, 1996).