Thai Lamb Kabobs
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/2pounds lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 to 2large Spanish onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2-- green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- 2-- red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1/2cup olive oil
- 1/3cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4cup lime juice
- 2tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1teaspoon cumin
- 1teaspoon sea salt
- 1-- garlic clove, crushed
- Thread lamb, onions, green peppers and red peppers alternately onto skewers. Place in large sealable plastic bags. Pour mixture of olive oil, coconut milk, lime juice, cilantro, red pepper, cumin, sea salt and garlic over lamb skewers; seal bags. Marinate in refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours, turning occasionally; drain. Grill lamb kabobs over medium-hot coals for 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium-rare or until done to taste. May substitute vegetable oil for olive oil.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Kansas City Barbeque Society’s Barbecue…It’s Not Just for Breakfast Anymore (the Kansas City Barbecue Society, Kansas City, Missouri, 1996).