Thai Grilled Shrimp
- Yield 4 servings
These grilled shrimp are delicious as an appetizer or as a main dish served with rice pilaf and a green or orange vegetable.
- 1 pound large raw shrimp (16-20 count), shelled and deveined
- 1/3 cup Thai peanut sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh or bottled minced ginger
- Combine the shrimp, peanut sauce, lime juice, and ginger in a large resealable plastic bag. Place in the refrigerator and marinate for about one hour.
- Preheat the outdoor grill on high and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Thread the shrimp (through the tail and front) onto 4 wooden or metal skewers. Cook the kebabs, basting frequently with remaining marinade, until the shrimp are cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Serve immediately or chill for later use.
Recipe by Janice Newell Bissex, MS, RD, and Liz Weiss, MS, RD, authors, The Moms' Guide to Meal Makeovers