Coconut Chicken with Ginger
- Yield servings
- 1 medium bunch cilantro, washed, trimmed and drained;
- 3 medium to large fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded, deveined and cut into thirds;
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided;
- 2 -- inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced;
- 1 large 1015 or other sweet onion, sliced;
- 3 -- 4 small to medium zuchinni squash, sliced;
- 2 -- (13.5 oz) cans unsweetened coconut milk can use 1 regular and 1 lite;
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce;
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt;
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders;
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
Place cilantro, jalapenos, ginger and 1 tablespoon oil in food processor and pulse until well combined and chopped fine. Do not over-process or breathe deeply!
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and zuchinni and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add coconut milk and soy sauce. Bring to a simmer. Add reserved cilantro mixture, salt and chicken. Simmer gently until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens slightly, about 7 to 10 minutes after coming to the boil the second time. Make sure chicken is done, but not getting tough from over-cooking.
Serve over cooked Jasmine rice.
Great with a salad including snow peas, blanched green beans, red and green leaf lettuces, raisins, orange segements, bananas and roasted, unsalted peanuts dressed with Marzetti Asian Ginger Dressing.