Thai Curry Squash Soup
- Yield 4-6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 5 cups squash or pumpkin
- 2 cups stock, vegetable or chicken
- 1 can coconut cream (~14 oz)
1. Heat oil in 4 qt pot, add onion and cook until translucent.
2. Stir in curry paste and cook 1 minute.
3. Add in squash or pumpkin and your choice of stock. You can choose either canned, frozen, fresh or roasted squash. I like to use a squash/pumpkin mix.
4. Simmer until squash is cooked through, 5-15 minutes depending on what squash you used. Use an immersion blender to cream the soup.
5. Add coconut cream, salt and pepper. Stir well. If soup is too thick (similar to greek yogurt), add water or stock to meet your desired consistency.