Thai Curry Beef
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1pound beef top sirloin or top round steak, cut 3/4 to 1 inch thick or flank steak
- 4 to 5teaspoons Thai red curry paste, divided
- 1cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6cups fresh stir-fry vegetable blend (broccoli, carrots, pea pods)
- -- Hot cooked rice (optional)
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick strips. Combine 3 teaspoons red curry paste and beef in medium bowl. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes.
- Whisk coconut milk and remaining 1 to 2 teaspoons red curry paste in small bowl until blended. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 3 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef. Season with salt, as desired; keep warm.
- Pour coconut milk mixture into same skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Add vegetable blend; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Return beef to skillet; cook and stir until beef is heated through, about 1 minute. Serve over rice, if desired.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 318
- Fat 2g
- Saturated Fat 13g
- Monounsaturated Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 49mg
- Sodium 214mg
- Carbohydrate 5g
- Fiber 1.7g
- Protein 28g