Chicken and Mango Lettuce Wraps
- Yield 4 servings
Crispy fresh lettuce leaves are stuffed with spicy chicken, mango and red pepper in this Asian-style wrap.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (lite soy sauce can be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh lemongrass
- 3 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large fresh ripe mango, pitted, peeled and diced, divided
- 3/4 cup diced red pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Thai basil
- 16 -- fresh Bibb lettuce or iceberg lettuce leaves, uniform shape
- 3/4 cup chopped cashews
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, vinegar, mirin, ginger, garlic, lemongrass and Sriracha. Set aside.
- Heat peanut and sesame oils in a medium skillet over medium heat and add chicken. Cook chicken, stirring frequently and breaking into small pieces, for 5 to 6 minutes until no longer pink.
- Stir in reserved soy sauce mixture and half the amount each of the mango, red pepper and green onion. Cook chicken mixture for 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Stir in remaining mango, red pepper and green onion, and the mint, cilantro and basil.
- To serve, evenly spoon chicken mixture into lettuce leaves, sprinkle each portion evenly with cashews and serve immediately.