Thak Chicken Roll-ups, Lychee Salsa
- Yield servings
- Thai Marinade
- 1 cup Peanut Oil
- 4 teaspoons Garlic, Chopped
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, Chopped
- 2 teaspoons Fish Sauce
- 1/4 cup Red Chili Paste
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Ground Turmeric
- 4 -- Chicken Breasts, each sliced into 4 pieces
- Lychee Salsa
- 1 can (20 oz) Lychees, Drained and Chopped
- 1/4 cup Cucumbers, Peeled and Chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Cilantro, Chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Thai Basil, Chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Scallions, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons Shredded Carrots
- 2 teaspoons Peanut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Paste
- 1 teaspoon Lime Juice
- Coconut Rice
- 1/2 can (7 oz) Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Uncooked White Rice
- 1 1/2 cups Mung Bean Sprouts
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Black Bean Sauce (also called Thai Soy Sauce)
- 4 -- warmed Burrito White Tortilla Shell
For the Thai Marinade combine the ingredients, except the chicken, in a shallow dish and stir thoroughly. Add the chicken slices to the marinade, covering each piece. Marinade for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. After marinating, set the chicken slices in a 9X12 glass dish, lined with foil. Top the chicken slices with the remaining marinade. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
For the Lychee Salsa, combine and toss all salsa ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the Coconut Rice, add the Coconut Milk, Chicken Stock, Water, and Salt to an 8 quart pot. Bring to a boil and add the rice. Simmer covered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
In a small bowl, toss the Mung Bean Sprouts and Sweet Black Bean Sauce.
To assemble burrito, lay flat 1 warmed burrito shell and spread 1/4 cup of the cooked rice on one side. Top the rice with 4 slices of chicken and add 1/4 of the Bean Sprout mixture. Fold and close the burrito. Repeat for 3 more burritos. Top each of the burritos with Lychee Salsa and Enjoy!