Thak Chicken Roll-ups, Lychee Salsa
- Yield: servings
- Thai Marinade
- 1cup Peanut Oil
- 4teaspoons Garlic, Chopped
- 1/4cup Cilantro, Chopped
- 2teaspoons Fish Sauce
- 1/4cup Red Chili Paste
- 2teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 2teaspoons Ground Turmeric
- 4-- Chicken Breasts, each sliced into 4 pieces
- Lychee Salsa
- 1can (20 oz) Lychees, Drained and Chopped
- 1/4cup Cucumbers, Peeled and Chopped
- 1/2teaspoon Cilantro, Chopped
- 1/2teaspoon Thai Basil, Chopped
- 1/4teaspoon Scallions, Chopped
- 2tablespoons Shredded Carrots
- 2teaspoons Peanut Oil
- 1teaspoon Red Chili Paste
- 1teaspoon Lime Juice
- Coconut Rice
- 1/2can (7 oz) Coconut Milk
- 1/4cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2cup water
- 1/2teaspoon Salt
- 1/2cup Uncooked White Rice
- 1 1/2cups Mung Bean Sprouts
- 1tablespoon Sweet Black Bean Sauce (also called Thai Soy Sauce)
- 4-- warmed Burrito White Tortilla Shell
For the Thai Marinade combine the ingredients, except the chicken, in a shallow dish and stir thoroughly. Add the chicken slices to the marinade, covering each piece. Marinade for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. After marinating, set the chicken slices in a 9X12 glass dish, lined with foil. Top the chicken slices with the remaining marinade. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
For the Lychee Salsa, combine and toss all salsa ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the Coconut Rice, add the Coconut Milk, Chicken Stock, Water, and Salt to an 8 quart pot. Bring to a boil and add the rice. Simmer covered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
In a small bowl, toss the Mung Bean Sprouts and Sweet Black Bean Sauce.
To assemble burrito, lay flat 1 warmed burrito shell and spread 1/4 cup of the cooked rice on one side. Top the rice with 4 slices of chicken and add 1/4 of the Bean Sprout mixture. Fold and close the burrito. Repeat for 3 more burritos. Top each of the burritos with Lychee Salsa and Enjoy!