Thai Baked Tofu
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 30 to 40 minutes
- 1 (14- to 16-ounce) block firm tofu
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 3tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1tablespoon sugar, honey or maple syrup
- 1 to 2tablespoon Thai green or red curry paste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut tofu into cubes, triangles or sticks. (No need to press.) Lightly oil a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Whisk together marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Place tofu in prepared pan. Add marinade; toss until all surfaces of the tofu are coated.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 to 40 minutes, gently stirring after 20 minutes. Tofu should be firm with crisp edges, and the marinate will have been mostly absorbed. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Reprinted with permission from the Moosewood Collective’s Moosewood Restaurant Favorites (St. Martin’s Press, 2013).