- Yield 8 to 10 servings
This is a simple and tasty dish that fills the kitchen with the savory aromas of the Southwest.
Posole is an ancient dish from Jalisco, Mexico, and is served at Christmas and on certain feast days.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small can chopped green chiles
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- -- Sugar to taste
- 3 cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 can hominy, drained
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- -- Shredded cheese
- -- Chopped avocado
- -- Lime slices
- Brown the ground beef with the onion in a saucepan, stirring until crumbly; drain.
- Add the green chiles, taco seasoning mix, salad dressing mix, salt, pepper, sugar, tomatoes, hominy, undrained kidney beans and undrained pinto beans and mix well.
- Cook over low heat for 30 minutes. Ladle into soup bowls and top with cheese, chopped avocado and lime slices.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Lubbock's A Pefect Setting (The Junior Leage of Lubbock, Texas, 2005)