- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Posole is an ancient dish from Jalisco, Mexico, and is served at Christmas and on certain feast days.
- 2pounds ground beef
- 1medium onion, chopped
- 1small can chopped green chiles
- 1envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- -- Sugar to taste
- 3cans stewed tomatoes
- 1can hominy, drained
- 1can kidney beans
- 1can pinto beans
- -- Shredded cheese
- -- Chopped avocado
- -- Lime slices
- Brown the ground beef with the onion in a saucepan, stirring until crumbly; drain.
- Add the green chiles, taco seasoning mix, salad dressing mix, salt, pepper, sugar, tomatoes, hominy, undrained kidney beans and undrained pinto beans and mix well.
- Cook over low heat for 30 minutes. Ladle into soup bowls and top with cheese, chopped avocado and lime slices.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Lubbock's A Pefect Setting (The Junior Leage of Lubbock, Texas, 2005)