Texas Grapefruit Broiled with Vanilla-Ginger Sauce
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1/3cup sugar
- 3tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 3/4teaspoon vanilla
- 6 Texas Rio Star Grapefruit
- In an electric coffee/spice grinder, combine sugar, ginger, and vanilla and grind fine.
- Halve each grapefruit crosswise and run a knife around each section to loosen the membranes.
- Arrange grapefruit, cut side up, in a baking dish and sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Broil grapefruit about 1 ½ inches from heat until sugar melts and tops begin to brown. Approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Serve grapefruit at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of TexaSweet