Texas Citrus Guacamole
- Yield: servings
- 1 Texas Rio Star Grapefruit, sectioned
- 2large ripe avocados
- 2 to 3tablespoons minced purple onion
- 2tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- Peel and section grapefruit, reserving 2 tablespoons of juice.
- Measure 1 cup of grapefruit sections. Cut into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Peel avocado and mash with a fork until somewhat smooth, leaving some small chunks.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Gently fold in grapefruit juice and sections.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill until serving time.
Recipe courtesy of TexaSweet