Texas Beef Brisket
- Yield 10 servings
This brisket is so tender it will melt in your mouth.
- 1 -- (8- to 10-pound) beef brisket, trimme
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons seaoned salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups sliced onions
- Place the brisket in a roasting pan. Pour a mixture of the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper over the brisket, turning to coat. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours, turning occasionally. Arrange the onions on top of the brisket. Bake, covered, at 225F for 8 to 10 hours. Remove the brisket to a serving platter. Slice against the grain. Serve with the pan drippings.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of North Harris and South Montgomery Counties, Inc.’s Texas Ties(Spring, Tx., 1997).