Texas Beef Brisket
- Yield: 10 servings
- 1-- (8- to 10-pound) beef brisket, trimme
- 1cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2teaspoons garlic powder
- 2teaspoons seaoned salt
- 2teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 2cups sliced onions
- Place the brisket in a roasting pan. Pour a mixture of the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper over the brisket, turning to coat. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours, turning occasionally. Arrange the onions on top of the brisket. Bake, covered, at 225F for 8 to 10 hours. Remove the brisket to a serving platter. Slice against the grain. Serve with the pan drippings.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of North Harris and South Montgomery Counties, Inc.’s Texas Ties(Spring, Tx., 1997).