Terrific Taco Salad
- Yield: 8 servings
"I got this taco salad recipe from my sister. Many people around here have enjoyed it. Even the grandkids think it's the best."
- 1pound ground beef
- 1/2 head lettuce, diced
- 1medium onion, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) package grated cheddar cheese
- 2medium tomatoes, diced
- 1package taco seasoning mix
- French or ranch dressing, to taste
- 1 bag taco-flavored tortilla chips
- Brown ground beef. Add taco seasoning as directed on package. Drain excess liquid and cool. Mix together all ingredients, except tortilla chips, in a large bowl. Place broken chips on top of each serving.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Ground turkey also works well in this dish. Try adding peppers, cucumbers, carrots or other seasonal vegetables to this salad.
Recipe by Germaine Stank, Pound, Wis.