Terra Cotta Cobb Salad
- Yield 4 servings
This colorful salad is simple to make and appropriate for family or company.
- Lime Drizzle:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 (5-ounce) bag of field greens, baby spinach or arugula
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- To prepare the drizzle: Combine all ingredients well in a small mixing bowl with a wire whisk or blend with a hand-held immersion blender until smooth.
- To prepare the salad: Place the field greens on a large serving platter. Arrange all the chopped vegetables, cheese and black beans in colorful rows across the greens.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds on top and drizzle with dressing.