Teriyaki Sweet Potatoes
- Yield 8 servings
A new take of a Thanksgiving classic, these sweet potatoes are flavored with maple syrup and soy sauce.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and cut lengthwise into long wedges about 1-inch thick
- 1 cup orange or pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 cup sesame seeds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F. Cook potato wedges in boiling water to cover 5 minutes and drain in a colander. Line a baking dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place potatoes in pan, spreading them evenly. Bake 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine orange juice, syrup, honey, soy sauce and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add cornstarch and stir to dissolve. After 15 minutes of baking potatoes, pour glaze over potatoes and continue to bake 10 minutes until glaze coats potatoes and they are tender. Sprinkle potatoes with sesame seeds and serve.