- Yield: 6 servings
'Teriyaki Sticks have been the highlight of many backyard barbecues.'
- 1 1/2pounds flank steak, about 1 inch thick
- 3/4cup soy sauce
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8-inch bamboo skewers
- Cut steak into thin slices. Combine soy sauce and sugar in a gallon-size zip-top plastic bag. Add ginger and garlic. Add sliced steak and seal tightly.
- Turn bag to coat beef with sauce. Open bag to release any air inside and reseal. Refrigerate up to 48 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat broiler or grill to high. Soak bamboo skewers in water 30 minutes to keep them from burning. Thread flank steak on skewers, weaving slices in an ‘s’ pattern.
- Cook 2 minutes on each side until steak reaches desired degree of doneness. Do not overcook or beef will be tough.
Mary Ann Jenkins, Gridley, Calif.