Teriyaki Steak and Veggies
- Yield 4 servings
Steak is marinated in teriyaki sauce, grilled, then topped with sauted peppers, onions and tomatoes.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds flank steak, cleaned, trimmed
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups rainbow peppers, sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 large tomato, chunked
- Gently insert knife tip into steak numerous times, insert garlic sliced into cuts. Marinate steak in 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce for 10 minutes.
- Cook steak on preheated medium-high grill for 3 to 5 minutes each side, or until desired doneness.
- Heat butter in large skillet on medium-high heat, add onions and peppers, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and 1 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce, cook until onions and peppers are tender.
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Kids