Teriyaki Chicken Burgers with Red Pepper Mayo
- Yield servings
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 green onions, white part only, chopped
- 1/3 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 8 ounces slice pineapple, drained
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 Ciabatta rolls, toasted
- Cooking spray
- Teriyaki sauce:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, jarred
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic, jarred
- 5 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Red Pepper Mayo:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic, jarred
Combine ground chicken, green onions, crushed pineapple, breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup of teriyaki sauce. Make into 4 burgers.
Coat skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium heat. Place burgers in pan and cook 7 minutes on each side.
Meanwhile, toast Ciabatta rolls under broiler until lightly toasted.
After turning burgers once, brush with teriyaki sauce. Turn burgers again and brush other side with teriyaki sauce. Top each burger with a slice of pepper jack cheese and a slice of pineapple. Cover with lid until cheese is melted.
Place 1 tablespoon of Red Pepper Mayo on each Ciabatta roll and top with burger.
Mix all ingredients except for cornstarch and 1/4 cup of water in a saucepan and begin heating over medium heat. Mix cornstarch and cold water in a bowl until dissolved. Add to sauce in pan. Whisk until combined. Heat until sauce thickens to desired thickness.
Red Pepper Mayo:
Combine all ingredients in food processor and process until well combined.