- Yield 10 to 12 servings
Serve these up a a delicious appetizer.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 5 -- garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 pounds fresh peeled shrimp
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 3 minutes or until tender. Add the shrimp and tequila and bring to a boil. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or just until the shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Remove the shrimp mixture to a bowl. Add the lime juice, salt and cilantro and toss well. Chill, covered, for 2 hours to 24 hours, stirring occasionally. Drain before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission America’s Most-Loved Community Cookbooks Recipes Worth Sharing(Nashville, Tn., 2008).