Tequila Chicken with Salsa
- Yield 6 servings
This dish is quick and the homemade salsa baked with the chicken really adds a fabulous something extra.
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 3/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/8 cup Triple Sec
- 1/8 cup tequila
- To prepare the salsa: Combine tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno and onion in a small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To prepare the chicken: Coat chicken breasts on both sides with cumin. In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute breasts over medium heat until brown on both sides, 5 minutes in all.
- In a small bowl, combine Triple Sec and tequila.
- Remove pan from heat, add liqueur, and ignite very carefully with a match (high flame will rise). When flame goes out, add Salsa.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and continue baking until cheese is melted, about 5 more minutes.