Beef Tenderloin, Cranberry and Pear Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 10 mins
Fresh ripe pears a bit of unexpected flavor to this beef and greens salad.
The addition of fresh pears to this wonderful salad adds quite a bit of fiber to each serving.
- 4 -- (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, cut 3/4-inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 -- (5-ounce) package mixed baby greens
- 1 medium red or green pear, cored, cut into 16 wedges
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- -- Salt
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 1/2 cup prepared honey mustard
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Season beef steaks with 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile whisk Honey Mustard Dressing ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Set aside. Divide greens evenly among 4 plates. Top evenly with pear wedges and dried cranberries.
- Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt as desired. Divide steak slices evenly over salads. Top each salad evenly with dressing, pecans and goat cheese, if desired.
Adapted from The Healthy Beef Cookbook, by the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association and the American Dietetic Association (John Wiley and Sons, Inc., 2006).