Beef Tenderloin, Cranberry and Pear Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
The addition of fresh pears to this wonderful salad adds quite a bit of fiber to each serving.
- 4-- (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, cut 3/4-inch thick
- 1/2teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1-- (5-ounce) package mixed baby greens
- 1medium red or green pear, cored, cut into 16 wedges
- 1/4cup dried cranberries
- -- Salt
- 1/4cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4cup crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 1/2cup prepared honey mustard
- 2 to 3tablespoons water
- 1 1/2teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- Season beef steaks with 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile whisk Honey Mustard Dressing ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Set aside. Divide greens evenly among 4 plates. Top evenly with pear wedges and dried cranberries.
- Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt as desired. Divide steak slices evenly over salads. Top each salad evenly with dressing, pecans and goat cheese, if desired.
Adapted from The Healthy Beef Cookbook, by the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association and the American Dietetic Association (John Wiley and Sons, Inc., 2006).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 400
- Glycemic Load 2.09
- Fat 19g
- Saturated Fat 5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 95mg
- Sodium 350mg
- Potassium 670mg
- Carbohydrate 23g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugars 16g
- Protein 34g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Vitamin A 30%
- Vitamin C 10%
- Calcium 10%
- Iron 30%