Spicy Chicken Tandoori Style
- Yield: servings
- -- (marinade)
- 2teaspoons garam masala
- 1teaspoon powdered cumin
- 1teaspoon powdered coriander
- 1teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 1/2teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2teaspoon garlic salt
- -- juice of 1 lime
- 1/3cup Greek style plain yoghurt
- 1 1/4pounds chicken tenders
- 1-- hothouse cucumber (with skin), chopped small
- 1small red onion, halved & thinly sliced
- 1-- basket cherry (or grape) tomatoes, halved
- 8-- radishes, thinly sliced
- 1cup (canned) garbonzo beans, drained
- 1cup arugula leaves
- 1cup watercress leaves
- -- (dressing)
- 1/3cup olive oil
- 1tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3cup finely chopped mint
- 1/2teaspoon white pepper
- -- chopped cilantro
- -- lemon wedges
Stir together the marinade indredients in a large, glass bowl. Add chicken tenders, toss, and allow marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
Heat the oven broiler to medium-high. Broil chicken 10-12 minutes per side until cooked through, turning chicken occasionally.
Place all salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Whisk dressing ingredients in a separate bowl then toss with salad.
Divide salad between 4 plates and top with chicken. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lemon wedges.