Tasty Toasty Turkey Day Pecans
- Yield: 28 servings
"I created this recipe for Thanksgiving. My relatives all wanted the recipe, so I have made dozens of copies and bring these munchies to every family get-together. This will be a pre-feast snack at Thanksgiving in my family for good."
- 1 egg white
- 1pound pecan halves
- 1cup sugar
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 250F. Coat a large baking sheet with butter-flavor nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the egg white into a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Add the pecans and toss gently to coat completely.
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl and sprinkle over the pecans; toss to coat. Using a large slotted spoon, transfer the pecans to a baking sheet, shaking off the excess sugar. Arrange in a single layer.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring after 30 minutes. Turn off the oven and allow the pecans to cool in the oven. Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
Recipe by Chris Warren, Cedar Rapids, Iowa