Tarrytown Mama’s Ice Box Cookies
- Yield: 1
- 1cup dark brown sugar
- 1cup light brown sugar
- 2sticks margarine or butter
- 2medium eggs
- 3.5cups all-purpose flour
- 2teaspoons soda, scant
- 1.5cups chopped nuts ( pecans preferred )
- Cream margarine and sugar.
- Add well-beaten eggs.
- Sift flour and add soda. Add to mixture.
- Add chopped nuts. If sticky, add flour until biscuit dough consistency.
- Divide into rolls about 10 inches long with circumference a little larger than a half dollar.
- Wrap in wax paper. Let stay in freezer overnight.
- Slice about 1/8 inch thick and bake in a quick oven @ 350 degrees F.
- You have to keep an eye on the cookies b/c once they start turning brown, they seem to get too brown in a hurry. The nice thing is that you don’t have to cook them all at one time. They keep in the freezer so you can cook them when you want.