Tarragon Tartar Sauce
- Yield 1 1/2 cups
Serve this tartar sauce with grilled salmon or tuna.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 -- anchovies, chopped, or 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves, or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons rinsed drained capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the mayonnaise, anchovies, tarragon vinegar, tarragon, chives, parsley, Dijon mustard, capers, pickle relish, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well. Chill, covered, for 1 hour or longer before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Bristol, TN/VA, Start Your Ovens, Cooking the Way it Ought'a Be from the Junior Leage of Bristol (The Junior Leage of Bristol, TN/VA 2001)