Tarragon Beef Stew
- Yield 8 servings
A hearty beef stew that's great served over rice.
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 pounds sirloin tips, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup tarragon wine vinegar
- 1 cup canned beef broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) can whole mushrooms, with their juices
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 6 cups cooked rice
- Blend flour with salt and pepper, tarragon, and garlic powder in a shallow bowl. Coat meat in seasoned flour.
- Brown meat in a large pot coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat, about 8 minutes. Stir in vinegar, beef broth and sugar and lower heat. Cover and simmer 2 hours, or until meat is tender. Add mushrooms with their juices and green onions. Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes. Serve over cooked rice.