- Yield 8 to 12 servings
This no-cook companion to Sangria is best put together just before serving.
- 1/2 pound Manchego cheese, cut into 2 wedges
- 1/2 pound fresh goat cheese in a log
- 1/2 cup fig jam or quince paste, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 pound salami, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, Serrano ham or speck, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound mortadella, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Marcona almonds
- 2 cups mixed marinated olives
- -- Bread sticks
Arrange the cheeses on a wooden platter. Place a ramekin of fig jam or tiny cubes of quince paste on the platter.
Arrange the meats on part of the platter so they are overlapping one another in an attractive design. Place the almonds in a small dish on the platter. Place the olives in a dish. Arrange the bread sticks on the platter so they overlap the meats, and serve.
Reprinted with permission from Diane Rossen Worthington's Seriously Parties: Recipes, Menus and Advice for Effortless Entertaining (Chronicle Books, 2012).