Tangy Warm Potato Salad
- Yield 12 servings
Sun-dried tomatoes and smoked bacon, tossed in vinegar for delicious flavor.
Applewood bacon, sun-dried tomatoes and chopped red onions give this salad a distinctive flair.
- 3 pounds small new potatoes (about 2-inch diameter), scrubbed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound applewood smoked bacon, diced
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped red onions
- 1/3 cup diced oil-packed, sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Combine potatoes and salt in large stockpot and cover with with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Drain. Slice slice each potato into 3 pieces (about 1/2 -inch thick). Place in a large bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until almost crisp. Remove from the heat and stir in onions, tomatoes, mustard and garlic.
- Pour bacon mixture over potatoes while they are still hot; add parsley and vinegar. Toss gently to coat. Season with additional salt and pepper.
- Let stand 15 minutes to absorb flavors. Serve warm or at room temperature.
—Recipe by Michaela Rosenthal, Woodland Hills, Calif.