- Yield: 6 servings
For a less spicy soup, substitute 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chopped tomatoes with juice for diced tomatoes and green chiles.
- 1pound ground sirloin
- 2-- (10-ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chiles with juice
- 2-- (11-ounce) cans whole kernel corn with juice
- 1-- (15-ounce) can pinto beans with juice
- 1-- (15-ounce) can kidney beans with juice
- 1-- (4 1/2-ounce) can chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1-- (1-ounce) package original ranch salad dressing mix
- 1-- (1 1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- In a large pot, over a medium-high heat, cook the ground sirloin until done, about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain any excess grease. Add the tomatoes and green chiles, corn, pinto beans, kidney beans, green chiles, ranch dressing mix, and taco seasoning mix. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat and cook 5 to 10 minutes or untl well heated. If soup is too thick, add water.
Note: Try ground turkey breast in place of ground sirloin for a low-fat protein substitute. To lower sodium, use "no salt added" canned products and rinse beans before adding.