- Yield: 8 servings
- 1pound lean ground beef
- 1package taco seasoning
- 1/2cup water
- 1large bag of romaine or other lettuce mix
- 1-- onion, diced
- 2medium tomatoes, cut in small wedges with pulp removed
- 1small bag of shredded cheddar or Mexican-flavored cheese
- 1large bag of taco flavored tortilla chips
- 1-- 8 oz. bottle of Catalina salad dressing
- 1bunch cilantro, chopped, to taste
- 1-- can of corn, drained
- 1-- can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- Brown ground beef and drain off fat. Add package of taco season with 1/2 cup of water. Simmer for 10 minutes. Put in bowl and refrigerate until cold.
- In large bowl, place lettuce. You may chop into thin pieces, if desired. Add diced onion and tomatoes, and shredded cheddar cheese. Add beef.
- Just before serving, crumble taco chips into lettuce mixture. Add just enough Catalina salad dressing to moisten and flavor. Toss lightly and serve immediately.