Taco Dip with French Fried Onions
- Yield 14 servings
"This dip is a favorite among all my family and friends-even the picky ones. There is always a spot left on the table for my Taco Dip at any get-together. Everyone enjoys the taste, color, and how easy it is to make."
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 1 (1-ounce) packet mild taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1-ounce) packet onion soup mix
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 cups shredded Mexican-style cheese
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup canned French fried onions, coarsely crushed, optional
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, taco seasoning mix and onion soup mix in a medium bowl. Blend well with a mixer at low speed.
- Spoon into a shallow bowl or 13-by-9-inch baking dish and smooth top. Sprinkle lettuce over cream cheese mixture. Top with cheese and tomatoes. For added crunch, add French fried onions to the top before serving, if using. Serve with tortilla chips.
Recipe by Michelle Worthington, Winchester, Ky.