- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1/2cup cracked wheat (or bulgar)
- 4-- tomatoes, chopped
- 3bunches parsley, stemmed and chopped
- 1bunch green onions, sliced
- -- small handful of fresh mint, stemmed and chopped
- 1/2cup olive oil
- 1/2cup lemon juice
- -- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Soak the cracked wheat in enough water to generously cover in a bowl for 30 minutes and drain. Press the excess moisture from the cracked wheat Combine the cracked wheat, tomatoes, parsley, green onions and mint in a bowl and mix well. Stir in the olive oil and lemon juce and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Favorite Recipes Press’ More Recipes Worth Sharing (Favorite Recipes Press, Inc., 2010).