Chicken, Tabbouleh and Corn Salad
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 10 mins
Add chicken and corn to Middle Eastern chicken for a quick main dish.
Tabbouleh, the lemony Middle Eastern bulgur salad with fresh mint and lots of chopped parsley, is transformed into a main dish with chicken and corn. Store-bought or leftover cooked chicken works fine.
- 3/4 cup bulgar
- Boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups (about 8 ounces) cubed cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup fresh cooked corn kernels
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place bulgur in a large bowl and add enough boiling water to cover by about 1 inch. Cover and let stand 20 minutes or until bulgur is softened. Transfer to a strainer and press down with a spoon to remove water.
- Return bulgur to bowl and add chicken, corn, parsley and mint.
- Combined remaining ingredients in a small bowl; whisk. Pour over salad and mix gently.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.