Chicken, Tabbouleh and Corn Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
Tabbouleh, the lemony Middle Eastern bulgur salad with fresh mint and lots of chopped parsley, is transformed into a main dish with chicken and corn. Store-bought or leftover cooked chicken works fine.
- 3/4cup bulgar
- 3/4cup Boiling water
- 1 1/2cups (about 8 ounces) cubed cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1cup fresh cooked corn kernels
- 1cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 3tablespoons lemon juice
- 3tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons orange juice
- 3/4teaspoon salt
- 3/4teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- Place bulgur in a large bowl and add enough boiling water to cover by about 1 inch. Cover and let stand 20 minutes or until bulgur is softened. Transfer to a strainer and press down with a spoon to remove water.
- Return bulgur to bowl and add chicken, corn, parsley and mint.
- Combined remaining ingredients in a small bowl; whisk. Pour over salad and mix gently.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 280
- Fat 10g
- Sodium 505mg
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Fiber 7g
- Protein 21g