- Yield 12 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Grains and veggies combined with a simple vinaigrette.
We used Bob’s Red Mill Whole Grain Bulgur in this recipe.
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- To prepare the salad, soak bulgur in hot water until water is absorbed, 15 to 30 minutes.
- Combine remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl; add bulgur, and mix thoroughly.
- To prepare the dressing, blend ingredients with a whisk; pour over salad. Serve chilled or room temperature.
Recipe by Stacey Morris