Swiss Chard Scramble
- Yield 3 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 12 mins
For breakfast or dinner, Swiss chard with eggs all scrambled up.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion (such as Walla Walla or Vidalia), chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 4 to 6 leaves Swiss chard, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped basil, oregano or parsley
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, Romano or Asiago cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a medium skillet. Add onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes.
- Add chard and herbs. Sauté until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, cheese, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until eggs are set.
Recipe courtesy of the Mott Family Farm.
Want to hear more about chard? Relish Cooking Show Chef Brian Morris gives some pointers on cooking with chard.