Sweet Vidalia Primavera Pizza
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1pound pizza dough
- 1 1/4cups grated smoked mozzarella
- 1cup diced canned tomatoes, with Italian seasonings, drained
- 10 thin asparagus spears
- 4slices (about 1/4-inch-thick) Vidalia onion
- 3ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 1teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Heat oven to 400F; oil a large baking sheet or 12-inch ovenproof skillet.
- Roll out dough to a 12-inch round, leaving edges thicker to create a crust. Arrange pizza dough on oiled baking sheet or in skillet.
- Top dough evenly with smoked mozzarella, leaving about a 1-inch border of crust around the edge; scatter diced tomatoes over cheese. Trim and discard woody ends from asparagus. Cut spears diagonally crosswise into 1 1/2- to 2-inch pieces. Combine asparagus pieces and onion slices (separated into rings) in a small bowl; lightly drizzle with olive oil. Spread asparagus and onions on top of pizza.
- Pinch or cut off bite-size pieces of goat cheese and scatter on top of vegetables. Sprinkle oregano over all, drizzle lightly with olive oil and bake on lowest rack in oven 20 to 25 minutes, until crust is dark golden.
Recipe courtesy of the Vidalia Onion Committee