Sweet Vidalia Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1pound prepared frozen pizza or bread dough, thawed if frozen
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 6cups thinly sliced Vidalia onions (about 2 pounds)
- 1cup diced plum tomatoes
- 1/2teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1cup (4-ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4cup (4-ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3cup pitted Nicoise olives
- Preheat oven to 450F. Grease a 12-inch pizza pan.
- Roll or stretch dough to fit in pan. Bake until crust just begins to brown, about 7 minutes; remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Add Vidalia onions; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, garlic, salt and black pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are golden and very tender, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over pizza crust; top with onion mixture then goat cheese and olives. Bake until heated through, about 10 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of the Vidalia Onion Committee