Sweet-Tart Cherry Splash
- Yield 8 servings
When cherries are in season, whip up this quick salad dressing to enjoy over arugula, endive or field greens.
If you can’t find walnut oil, use 2 additional tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. Remove the cherry pits over a bowl to save the juice.
- 1 cup heaping, fresh cherries, pitted and chopped with juice saved
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry, balsamic or red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds or walnuts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients including cherry juice in a nonreactive large mixing bowl and stir well with a wire whisk. This dressing keeps refrigerated for up to 5 days.