Cranberry Chicken Pot Pie
- Yield: servings
- 4-- boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1can chicken broth
- 2cans cream of chicken soup
- 1cup milk
- 1cup diced celery
- 1cup chopped pecans
- 1/2cup dried cranberries
- 2cups grated swiss/gruyere cheese
- 1/4teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2tablespoon minced onion
- 1sheet prepared puff pastry, thawed
Poach chicken breasts in chicken broth and enough water to cover. When chicken has cooled to handle, cut into bite size peices.
In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients (except puff pastry) and fold in chicken. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Pour chicken mixture into 3 quart casserole dish. Roll and cut puff pastry to cover top of chicken dish. Use remaining pastry to decorate.
Put dish into preheated 425 degree oven, bake until top is golden brown, appr. 20 minutes.