Sweet Potato, Zucchini and Feta Tart
- Yield 9 servings
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil to prepare the baking dish
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 medium zucchini
- 8 ounces sheep’s milk feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk (1 percent works well)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon flour
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Oil the bottom and sides of a 9 x 11-inch baking dish. Grate the sweet potato and zucchini in a food processor or by using the large-holed side of a box grater. You should have approximately 2-3 cups of each. Stir grated sweet potato and zucchini together to blend and spread in the bottom of the baking dish. In a medium-size bowl, fold the basil and dried oregano into the crumbled feta cheese to combine. Sprinkle the cheese mixture evenly over the sweet potato and zucchini mixture.
- In a blender or electric mixer, beat together the eggs, milk, flour, sea salt, and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the top of the contents of the baking dish. Bake for approximately 1 hour or until well set and slightly browned on top.
From Greek Revival: Cooking for Life, http://www.greekrevivalcookbook.com