Sweet Potato, Zucchini and Feta Tart
- Yield: 9 servings
- 1-2tablespoon olive oil to prepare the baking dish
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 medium zucchini
- 8ounces sheep’s milk feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs
- 2cups milk (1 percent works well)
- 2tablespoons flour
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1teaspoon flour
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Oil the bottom and sides of a 9 x 11-inch baking dish. Grate the sweet potato and zucchini in a food processor or by using the large-holed side of a box grater. You should have approximately 2-3 cups of each. Stir grated sweet potato and zucchini together to blend and spread in the bottom of the baking dish. In a medium-size bowl, fold the basil and dried oregano into the crumbled feta cheese to combine. Sprinkle the cheese mixture evenly over the sweet potato and zucchini mixture.
- In a blender or electric mixer, beat together the eggs, milk, flour, sea salt, and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the top of the contents of the baking dish. Bake for approximately 1 hour or until well set and slightly browned on top.
From Greek Revival: Cooking for Life, www.greekrevivalcookbook.com