Sweet Potato Wedges Wrapped in Prosciutto
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2 Louisiana yams (sweet potatoes), (about 2 pounds)
- 4ounces prosciutto, trimmed and sliced in half lengthwise
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven 425F. Coat a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel and section each sweet potato into four wedges. Place potatoes in a skillet with just enough water to cover. Boil 8-10 minutes until potatoes are thoroughly cooked but remain firm. Be careful to not overcook, as texture will become grainy and the potatoes will fall apart.
- Wrap each wedge with a bay leaf and prosciutto.
- Lay wedges in loaf pan, add a drizzle of maple syrup, and bake 10 minutes or until prosciutto starts to appear crispy.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 152
- Fat 2g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 12mg
- Sodium 313mg
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 5g