Sweet Potato Salad
- Yield 6 servings
Potato salad just got a whole lot sweeter in this herb and spiced infused Island dish.
This isn't your average potato salad! This version is savory and rich with the flavors of the island, and will undoubtedly become a favorite of yours.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (1 inch)
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Place sweet potatoes in a sauce pot and cover with cold water. Add salt and bring to a boil. Cook 10 minutes or until knife-tender. Drain and toss with remaining ingredients. Allow flavors to meld for at least 4 hours before serving.